Monday, March 23, 2009

We Highly Recommend It


On Jason and Melanie's recommendation, we rented this movie, Fireproof, last weekend. It is a Christian-based story about the marriage of a firefighter and his wife. Both Dave and I were impressed by the message of this story. Actually, I can't remember the last time I was this "moved" by a movie. The story is so touching and the message so applicable to really every marriage. We highly recommend it. Everyone should see it. It is made by the same people who did Facing the Giants which is another Christian-based movie. That one is about a football coach and his wife. That movie is also really good and definitely worth watching. Neither movie has any garbage in it which is so refreshing.

7 comments:

Greg said...

Well if it has Kirk Cameron in it, it must be good (even if he is a little weirdo these days). Thanks for the recommendation.

K'neth S. said...

My mom and dad saw that. I don't remember their opinion. My dad though will post and give his comment.

JBarker said...

Yeah! We saw this movie a few weeks ago. At first, I thought it was going to be another movie about a fireman and his family where eventually the fireman dies on the job and his wife really misses him and blah blah blah. But it wasn't. It was really good, except for a small amount of cheesy acting (small amount). And I didn't recognize the main actor as Kirk Cameron at first. I thought he did a good job of avoiding God and religion in the beginning of the movie, even with his Dad trying to bring it up with him.

Good movie. Good recommendation.

Thomas Family said...

Thanks for the recommendation. We will have to look into it. Can you rent it at the library?

The Leth Family said...

Thanks Melissa for the good recommendation. Thanks also to Jason for letting me know that the guy doesn't die in the end! I really don't care for movies with sad endings! If I'm going to spend 2 hours out of my day watching a movie I don't want to feel depressed afterwards.

Mindy said...

I'm going to look for it on Netflix. I need a good movie!

Big Daddy said...

I have to agree with your comment. That was an exceptional movie and it would do any couple good to watch it.