Sunday, April 5, 2009

Moab



A few weeks ago, Dave and Austin went on a trip to Moab with the scouts. They had a great time and didn't even complain much about the long drive (well not that much). Their trip happened to land on two of the rare good weather days we have had since Halloween, and they both came back a little sunburned, and the weather was apparently perfect in Moab (they rubbed it in since it was stinking cold up here - as usual). It is important to note that Dave packed himself for this campout for the first time in the history of our marriage. He is usually too insanely busy to pack, and I'm here wondering which cooler he wants, which clothes he want, and which fire-building implements he wants. And contrary to what I might have thought, he ended up with everything he needed, or at least he hasn't told me that he forgot anything (ha ha). Although I did notice that the bag with the toothbrushes and toothpaste looked mysteriously unopened. I did my part and picked up an abundant supply of beef jerky, granola bars, crackers, and trail mix from Costco - all of which disappeared in 24 hours. That's apparently what happens when you have 5 scouts and 2 leaders trapped in a car for 8 hours.

They left Friday night at 4:00 and got back home around 8:00 Saturday night. For those of you who know Dave, hiking around in Moab could not be more "right up his alley." They've both been talking about it ever since they got back, and as it turns out ... the whole family is going back down to Moab in a few weeks on a camping trip with some good friends. I've never been to Moab and from everything I've heard from Dave and Austin, I'm excited! Dave put Austin in charge of the camera on their trip, and he went to town taking pictures. I promised him a slide show on the blog, and here it is. Moab looks like a beautiful place.


4 comments:

Cassie said...

Jackson had fun too. He can't wait to go back!

Katelin said...

That does look fun! Good pix, Aust!

Shad and Brittany said...

We are excited to go for sure!

Thomas Family said...

Moab is nice this time of year. I am glad he got to go and have some fun.