Monday, March 9, 2009

Look at me go

Let's just make a note here that this is my second post in five days. Okay, moving on. The kids had the day off of school today (I have no idea why, I'm just glad I remembered!), and we were hoping for a fun day outside (on bikes, at the park, at the zoo, etc.), but alas, it was snowing .... again. We remembered Austin had a free pass to the Living Planet Aquarium in Sandy, and off we went. It was pretty cool. We had a lot of fun looking at all the sea creatures, driving the boat, and eating lunch at the Rain Forest Cafe. What it really did was get us all totally excited for Sea World in the fall! I actually do like planning vacations pretty far in advance, but I think I might be torturing myself with this one - we're not going until OCTOBER!!! I know, I know ... I'm as bad as the kids! At least I have something to look forward to I suppose.

9 comments:

Kelly Hill said...

Who is the little blonde boy in the red jacket, driving the boat? It doesn't look at all like TJ! Maybe I just need a nap.

Milana said...

Cute pictures! I cannot believe how big your kids are! We are planning Disney & Seaworld for next January and your right it is torture! We just really like to be prepared! Let us know when you are riding up here! It would be fun to come and see you!

Thomas Family said...

Ditto. I can't believe how big your baby is. What the heck!! When did he go from toddler to little man?

Rheanna said...

Planning ahead is always good for planning, just not for containing the excitement of little children. We're going to Disneyland in May and the kids have talked of nothing else for MONTHS! I can't believe how old your kids look-haven't seen them in forever.

K'neth S. said...

Cool! It looks like you guys had a great time. Have you ever been to sea world? it is GREAT!!!

Melissa said...

That's funny you both said that about T.J. I was thinking the same thing when I saw that picture. He's growing up! No more baby around here. Kind of sad, but fun too. He's still as handsome as ever - that's for sure!

Cassie said...

Looks like you had fun at the aquarium. My sister took her kids up a while back and her oldest fell in the pool while he was trying to pet the rays. LOL! When you go to Sea World make sure you sit the kids right on the front row for the dolphin show...the look on my kids' faces were absolutely precious! And make sure that you buy the little sardines to feed the sting rays...it's pretty cool. The kids loved it!

The Leth Family said...

Just don't put your kids on the front row for the Shamu show. Unless your kids really like water and like to walk around the rest of the day WET. It won't be a good hair day for you either if you sit too close. The smart people are wearing swimsuits on the front row. Somehow I don't think you will be buying the sardines either. If you haven't touched a worm you are never going to touch a sardine!

We can do hard things! said...

I need to take my kids there...looks like fun! I dont think I have even heard of it before. Where is it? I dont get out much... ;}