Friday, March 13, 2009

Thank You

It is only 10:00 a.m. and I've already been moved to tears twice this morning (which is a good thing) and the responsible people are ... Kelly and Cassie. Kelly reminded me who I am and what that means and also to have perspective and be able to let go and move on. Thanks Kelly. Cassie posted this amazing slide show accompanied by a beautiful song that we heard at our Relief Society Enrichment last night, and I just flat out copied her and posted it below (thanks Cassie!). We had a guest speaker who was fabulous (Justin Harper, a seminary teacher from Rockwell), and he talked about living a life centered on the Savior. He played this song with a different slide show, but the effect is the same ... tears, gratitude, humility, and a renewed determination to look to Him.

9 comments:

Cassie said...

Isn't that a great song? I've never heard it until last night and after I heard it I knew I would have to go on a search to find it. (Bro. Harper made it a little difficult...not knowing the song title or artist.) Glad you liked it too! BTW, if you still want to print out that conference journal I left instructions in the comments of that post...hopefully they'll work.

Kelly Hill said...

Yes, thank you Cassie! I LOVE Nichole Nordeman - she's amazing! I had never heard that one though. I'm probably thieving it for my own blog. ; )

Melissa - thank you! I certainly haven't always had this kind of perspective. In fact, my general rule used to be to hang on tight to all the negativity and feel miserable every waking hour. It's a huge relief to be able to let go and move forward. I'm grateful many times per day that I've gained a testimony of the Atonement and how it works in my life.

You're awesome, Melissa! Isn't it a great day to be alive??!?

Thomas Family said...

Ah, that was nice. I have never heard that song or heard of the lady. Thanks for the uplift today!!

K'neth S. said...

Ya, brother harper is really awesome. He is my seminary teacher. He was telling me for weeks how nervous he was to come speak. He showed that clip the next day, with the slide show, and i loved it too.

Nicki said...

Amazing. I'm crying. Timing is perfect. Thank you.

Big Daddy said...

Ball baby!

Big Daddy said...

Sorry that should have been "bawl baby."

JBarker said...

Sounds like you had quite the morning!

Thanks for sharing the video. (I missed it on Cassie's site because it was on her "other" site.) It's got a really deep message and I liked it. It's certainly a different sound than what you might hear from Nickelback! :)

Julie Bean said...

Hi there. I am an aquaintance of your friend Sharon Thomas. I didn't know where else to post my email in case you wanted to get in touch so I thought I'd just attach it to one of your posts. We all three have children with Duanes. Feel free to email me. juliagulia1970@msn.com. I believe she gave you a heads up about it. Talkt to you soon. Julie