Thursday, March 5, 2009

Poor neglected blog

It has been a while since I've blogged. I've been busy I suppose. We've had a nice month despite my persistent crankiness about winter in general. So here's what we've been up to:

The boys just finished up another Jr. Jazz basketball season. This year was a little different. As you'll notice from the pictures ... THEY WERE ON THE SAME TEAM!!! It turns out the Jr. Jazz teams are divided up by grade, and third and fourth graders are together. The recreation director called me to see if it was okay that he had put Austin and Jackson on the same team. What?!!! It is a good thing he didn't ask me in person since there is a good chance I would have hugged him (and honestly I don't really even know the man). He saved me time and energy and hassle and all of that, and he thought I'd be upset. Funny. One practice and one game each week and two brothers playing together - that's my kind of basketball season. They had a great time, and we had a lot of fun watching them. They've improved a lot since last year and seem to be getting the hang of it. It was fun to watch them play together as teammates.


Dave got a new job this past month. He is now working for Stonehendge of Utah (see picture below). It is a transitional care facility, and he mostly works with high-level patients who have had surgery or have fallen or been injured somehow and are in need of a short stint in rehab. They just completed this brand new beautiful building on Center Street in Orem (jus east of Mountain View High School) in December, and he started in February as a Physical Therapist Assistant. He loves it there! He talks all the time about how nice it is to be in such a nice, new, beautiful place. He has good friends there and works around good people. I like that. The kids and I went over for their open house a few weeks ago, and I must say, if I needed to go to a transitional care facility, I'd pick this one. It is beautiful and so nice. The Stonehendge out front is really cool, so if you get a chance to drive by, it is worth seeing. We are so glad Dave has been able to work consistently as a PTA. He graduated with this two-year degree in 1999 and has always had work (sometimes more than we want!). He is really good at what he does, and we are all grateful for how hard he works for us. His training comes in handy when I get hurt (it happens) or need (or want) a massage. Thanks hon!

We had a couples' Valentine's Dance with our ward a few weeks ago, and it turns out, some of our friends can really "bust a move." Dave and I are not big dancers, so we usually avoid such events, but honestly, we had a great time. I happened to have my camera in my jacket pocket, so if you need any incriminating "dancing" or "karaoke" evidence on several individuals (who shall remain nameless), see me. I can be bribed.

I am enjoying my spinning class and occasionally riding outside. My friend, Paula, and I are registering for the "Little Red Riding Hood" Women's only ride in Cache County in June. We are going to try for 67 miles (wish us luck!). Thanks to a fun day in Park City, we are now both the proud owners of some styling gel padded cycling shorts and claustophobic clip-in cycling shoes that are sure to result in me injuring myself (not to mention humiliating myself). Stay tuned for updates ...

We are looking forward to spring and summer and some fun vacations coming up this year (Bear Lake, Duck Creek, Disneyland - yeah!). The boys are not looking forward to getting their braces on which will be in the next couple of months. They are both wearing jaw expanding appliances right now, and after all that junk in their mouth, braces will probably be a relief. My poor kids. They got my awful teeth. They are missing teeth on the bottom and have no room on the top and all of that. Good times. They are looking forward to school getting out for the year and spending another summer in the pool. I say "ditto" to that.

7 comments:

Coretta from Confetti said...

hehehhe that would be funny to see the pics you got at the Val dance. It was interesting to see the "other side" of some couples.

Kelly Hill said...

You mean you didn't fall off the face of the earth??!? I guess I should put an end to the rumors....

Cassie said...

Wow!!! You guys have been busy. Sounds like you're having fun though. And I definitely concur on the whole end of winter, time for spring thing...BRING IT ON!!!

K'neth S. said...

Wow, you haven't posted in a long time! It's great to hear and know that you are all still alive. GOod luck rididng for those 67 miles. I doubt i could do more than 10, so you already beat me!

Thomas Family said...

Looks like you have been having some fun. That is great.

That Stonehenge replica looks pretty good. I am glad Dave is enjoying his new job. It makes all the difference in the world to work in a great environment with good people.

Congrats on the goal for the bike ride. You go girl.

JBarker said...

Sorry about the snow today. It's my fault. I just washed my car last night... and waxed it. Dang it!

And Dave, I might be in to your new place sometime soon as I've started back on my rollerblades (though not in our basement.) I can just SENSE that I'm going to torque my knee or my back! But for now, it's too much fun. :)

Bike Junkie said...

Welcome to the world of "real" cycling. Don't forget to unclip when you stop. Good luck on the Little Red.