Sunday, October 12, 2008

WHAT THE HECK?!!

Okay so it is October 12th today .... did you catch that?!! OCTOBER 12TH, as in before Halloween, before UEA break. Are they even deer hunting yet? Maybe that has started. I don't know. Let's just say it is UNREASONABLY COLD (31 degrees last night) for it being barely past LABOR DAY and correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it almost 80 degrees a mere five days ago? What?!!

The above picture is us watching Jackson's soccer game yesterday, and even with all the bundling, we only made it til half-time and cheered Jackson on from the car (Dave stuck it out at the side-lines ... he needed the practice of withstanding frigid temperatures since he had tickets to the BYU game last night with Brady). And today when we woke up, a couple inches of snow. Yikes! Dave and the kids were all excited of course. I went back to bed and ignored their cheers over the first snow. I myself have no use for snow or cold weather. I may in fact be living in the wrong hemisphere. The only things I like about cold weather are sweaters and my black boots. And as far as this whole global warming thing goes ... I'm all for it. Any increase in temperature is fine by me. The kids had a great time playing in the snow for a minute and are looking forward to more so they can go sledding, but I think everyone is hoping for a few more warm days first ... I know I am.

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Thomas Family said...

Yeah, the snow sure seemed early this year. Our kids were also very excited for the snow!! They went out and bounced on the trampoline...loving every minute of it.

Admittedly, I do love seeing their excitement for the stuff, cuz I don't get too excited for it anymore.

K'neth S. said...

I'm with you there, i could use a few more warm days. What would be better is if we could skip winter!!!

Cassie said...

So true!!! I hate cold weather. We stood out in the cold for Brev's football game yesterday. (Although it wasn't as horrible as standing out in the pouring rain and howling wind for his football game last week.) I'm definitely not ready for the snow...you'd never know I grew up in Canada...don't ski, don't snowboard, usually don't even build snowmen, but hey, maybe I'll try being fun this year!

Mindy said...

Crazy Utah weather!!! I actually like snow, but it's even too early for snow for me.

I was just looking at your book reviews. How in the world do you find time to read so many books? I am so impressed! You never cease to amaze me. :)

Kati said...

Whatever, snow is the COOLEST!! It was so awesome yesterday, can't wait for more!

We can do hard things! said...

I just had a look at all your posts...we are so much alike, it is not even funny! You crack me up. Your kids are all so cute. Your oldest boys look just like they did when they were little, how cute! We call our little Curits (cj), handsome as well. What is it about baby #4?