Sunday, August 17, 2008

Summer of Bike Rides

So Dave and I have been married for almost 12 years, and he's been waiting at least that long for me to "get into biking." This summer, it finally happened. In my defense, I have had one crappy bike after the other for 12 years, which appears to be my problem with biking in general. We have always ridden some here and there, but I have never liked it and definitely would not volunteer to go. So this year for my birthday, I got a nice bike and it makes all the difference in the world. The gears actually shift, and with my gel seat addition, it is actually marginally comfortable to ride. So now we go whenever we get the chance. The boys keep up great, and Dave pulls London and T.J. in our trusty bike trailer that has served us well since Austin was a baby.

We love to ride along the Jordan River Parkway, and there are a lot of trails right by our house too. Dave and I went on a bike ride up Lake Mountain a few weeks ago for our date night. I didn't realize when we set out that he intended to ride to the top of the mountain. We didn't exactly make it that far, but we did go about nine miles. It was a really fun ride. Our city is working on completing the trail between the city center of Eagle Mountain and the Ranches, which I am really looking forward to. One of these days we'll have to go to Moab. Dave's been asking me since we got married to go to Moab, and my response is usually "what for?" To which he responds "biking of course." I somehow got around it for all this time, but now I'm thinking .... maybe.

After riding from Willow Park (off SR 73 in Lehi) to Thanksgiving Point, we stopped for a quick photo op with our law abiding citizens.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Bike Junkie said...

Kelly gives me the same response when I mention wanting to go to Moab. I am still working on her. A bike trail between city center and the Ranches would be nice. The road is way too narrow - even though most cars will slow way down and hug the island curb when they pass you. I have had some cars and trucks get closer to me than I am comfortable with.

Melissa said...

We're on the same track. I e-mailed Dave Lifferth last week and asked (kind of politely) WHEN ON EARTH THAT TRAIL WOULD BE CONNECTED. He said by November. Hopefully. So we've got to get Kelly biking so we can go together. Now that would be fun ...