Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Fun Times At Lagoon

In July we went to Lagoon with the Webbs. The kids had a great time, and the parents survived Lagoon with 9 kids, and let's just be honest .... that is seriously impressive. The picture in the right corner above is the result of us having trouble keeping track of them at Lagoon-A-Beach. Melanie was willing to hold all five of them just so we would know where all the little kids were while the big boys were off playing on the slides. What a good sport. So, there's a funny story about that ...

That is Jason behind her steering her around the lazy river. A few minutes later I got a tube and took London and T.J. with me. Dave was then pushing/steering Melanie with Chase, Cameron, and Dallin on her lap. Well Dave got a little over-ambitious with his push, and dumped Melanie and all three little boys into the water. How rude. She managed to keep them from drowning while Dave and Jason scrambled to rescue them all. It was one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

You gotta love Kiddie Land ... 14 different versions of the exact same ride. The kids had a blast!

T.J. takes his driving very seriously. We couldn't even get him to crack a smile for the picture.

T.J. and Chase were so brave going on rides all by themselves. I don't remember any tears all day. Just a lot of silly giggling. It was really fun to see them having such a great time. I'm not much of an amusement park person, and I come by it honestly. There's a long story behind that ... actually several of them. I'll have to tell you about that some time. But, I really enjoy going with the kids and seeing how excited they get. Amusement parks are a whole different place with kids. Dave usually gets the job of taking the older boys on all of the vomit-inducing spinning nonsense or freefalls or the never-ending rollercoasters that all feel the same. And I get Kiddie Land. Considering Dave LOVES rides and I really .... well let's just say they're not my thing, I'd say this arrangement works well. And I get to spend a lot of time on park benches in the shade hogging all the snacks while they spin around in circles surrounded by flashing lights and loud music. I snap a few pictures and sit back and enjoy. Not too bad.

We were wondering who would give into the overwhelming exhaustion first - no surprises here.

This is Dallin's first Merry-Go-Round ride captured on film for your viewing pleasure. Could he get any cuter? You should have seen T.J.'s mad dash to get this giraffe to ride on. It seriously looked like a segment from The Amazing Race. He got it. Everyone was happy. London is really shy around the camera. We'll have to work on that with her. I need to work on my self picture taking skills. Next time all of both of our faces will be in the picture. We had a great day at Lagoon, and I'm sure we'll be back next year.

2 comments:

Leatherwood Family Adventures said...

You crack me up I love all you side commentary. Kiddie land at lagoon!! and the story about tipping your sister over, and you saying it is the funniest things you have ever seen!! You are so Kind and Considerate others feelings!! NOT??? Jk...You just make me laugh..Thanks...Lisa

Katelin's family said...

This post is so cute, and it just makes me feel like we are missing out on so many good times by being so far away!! We miss you all, and maybe we can get back out there one of these days.--Katelin