Sunday, April 5, 2009

Morton Bowl-A-Thon



A few weeks ago, we had our Almost-Annual Morton March Birthday Family Bowl-a-Thon to celebrate the abundance of March birthdays in my family, including my dad, Jared, Melanie, Jason, and Brady. We try to go every year, but sometimes it just doesn't happen. We missed the Wisconsin cheese-heads, but we had a good time. The kids (and Melanie) had a lot of fun bowling with the little ramps and bumper pads - good job Mel! The rest of us bowled like adults, and frankly I rocked. Actually, I did fine (125 points), but Dave, Brady, and my dad all beat me, though not by much (around the 150's). Dave got the action shot above by lying on the floor with his face (and my new camera) six inches away from where I was going to release the heavy slippery bowling ball at a high rate of speed onto the lane. Not a good idea Dave, but he is pretty proud of his camera work. Apparently he forgot how clumsy and accident prone I am. He's a brave man I tell ya.

7 comments:

Kelly Hill said...

"at a high rate of speed" huh? way amazing. i wish i were you.

Katelin said...

That was my first thought at the picture of you--brave photographer getting practically in front of a bowler--those shoes are so slippery! We're sad we missed out, so thanks for the pictures!

Nicki said...

We really missed out! I'm so envious of your tan and shorts! Who's to complain about the weather there?! I loved the slideshow of Moab too; let Austin know. I hope you guys have fun on your trip!

Thomas Family said...

Happy birthday to all those Mortons. What a fun tradition. By the way, you are looking hot! All that exercise has paid off.

j e s s i e said...

Thanks for taking the time to enter in my photography give-away!

-Jessie

P.S. Cute family!

Big Daddy said...

Dave is a brave man. I would not get anywhere neer the rounded end of a bowling ball being thrown by Lisa.

K'neth S. said...

Cool. I really am not that big of a bowler. I am not that good.