Thursday, July 31, 2008

Happy Birthday T.J.!


So my "handsome" T.J. turned 3 on July 9th. As you can see, I'm a little behind with my blogging, but I definitely wanted to share these pictures. He is just too cute!

I'm not sure how we got to our fourth kid before anyone ever got a stick horse, but he had his heart set on one (I think thanks to cousins Dallin and Landon - our resident "cowboys" who recently moved here from Arizona). He loves the "horsey" and calls it "Rusty." He also picked out a fun little remote control tractor at Toys R Us that we got for him, and he loves that too. He goes outside to our massive collection of rocks and moves them around into little piles with his tractor. It is so cute and he works on it for such a long time. One of these days I'll get a picture of one of the little "mountains" (as he calls them) before he runs the tractor over it and demolishes the pile. I've got to be a little quicker with the camera apparently.


That evening, we met Dave at Pioneer Park (in Provo) for a picnic, fun on the playground, and cupcakes - all T.J.'s idea. It was a nice cool evening, and the kids played till it got dark.

T.J. is our resident "baby" and we're having a little trouble letting him grow up. He is just too cute just the way he is! He loves to be held and cuddle, and he gives the best hugs and kisses. He talks so cute, and tries so hard to keep up with the other kids. They are so good to include him and spend a lot of time pushing him on the swings and jumping "soft" on the trampoline so he can play too. He has always loved me to hold him and will sit on my lap all day if I let him. I actually love it, but I suppose I don't get much done that way. He won't be little forever, so I'm enjoying holding him all I can, and believe me I have plenty of chances to "enjoy" it. He will still fall asleep in my arms and sleep for hours, and I love that. It is so fun to have a "snuggler."

He still sneaks into our room at night and tells me, "I need my daddy." It just melts my heart, and apparently Dave's too because most mornings I wake up and there he is hogging Dave's whole side of the bed, all spread out like he owns the place. Of course he gets away with it ... because he's "handsome."


T.J. brings so much joy to our family. He is happy and smiley and so much fun. His little voice is just too cute, and he shows us all so much love. It is really fun to watch him learning and growing and discovering new things every day. We love you "Handsome." Happy Birthday!

3 comments:

Krista said...

Is he the cutest thing, ever! I love how excited he is when he's opening the horsey, and then he goes and give hugs! Sooo darling.

Maybe we should hang out sometime in the next year so I can actually see your kids before they are full-grown!

Kelly Hill said...

Those smiles are to die for! And I say sit back and enjoy the snuggles while you can. It gets a little awkward to rock them at 13, but we still try! Just last night even.

Happy Birthday, TJ!

Nicki said...

Happy Birthday TJ! Brooklyn misses you and she talks about you a lot! These are adorable pictures Lis! I love the mix on your blog of informative, well-thought political commentary; as well as mommy stuff. Miss ya. Hang in there!