Friday, May 9, 2008

Farm Country


A few weeks ago, on the first warm day we've had since like Labor Day 2007 or so, the kids and I ventured out to Thanksgiving Point to go to Farm Country. I haven't been there for years and forgot how much fun it is (and how cheap it is). We all got in for around $15 and that included a free wagon/pony ride. Not bad for hours of entertainment. You can buy food (for a quarter) to feed the animals, and the kids loved it! I was so impressed with my kids and how brave they were. I'm not a huge fan of having animals eat out of my hand (or really animals in general) and I remember being particularly timid around animals as a child. So, way to go kids. I kept busy taking pictures with one hand and holding the animal feed in the other. The kids fed the animals for a couple of hours and laughed and played and had a great time. I went through a lot of quarters.

London and T.J. enjoyed a pony ride. Austin and Jackson declined since they were fairly little ponies, and they were worried about looking silly on them. I'm not sure I'm ready for them to be worried about their reputation and how it pertains to ponies at Farm Country. Oh well.

They had some little old buildings to play in, including a jail. I hope there's no foreshadowing there for London. We'll have to make sure and talk about "obeying, honoring, and sustaining the law." Jackson apparently got his sheep and rodeo horses mixed up. We'll have to work on that too. We'll definitely be going back to Farm Country.
Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Krista said...

That looks like a fun place! We should go together sometime. I'll bring my kids and you bring yours. Oh, wait, I don't have any! Well, we could still hang out sometime.