Tuesday, July 3, 2012

That's just gross

 I can't recall where it originated, but the kids and I have a tradition that whenever we go to the dentist or orthodontist, we stop for a donut on the way home. I truly do not remember how this came about, and while it does defy some logic (especially regarding the dentist), I do enjoy a good donut, and so do they. Apparently I need to have a little talk to them about what constitutes a GOOD donut.
These little gems are maple bars sprinkled with BACON, and that is truly disgusting. Even if I ate bacon, I sure as heck would NOT put it on a donut. Austin has perfected the "died and gone to heaven" look pretty well. He saves it for things like bacon-sprinkled donuts.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Where do you get those? They sound fantastic. Bacon makes everything better! :)

Rheanna said...

That's hilarious, I was going to say the same thing as Justin....guess we're just gross around here :)

Melissa said...

Well you two are NO HELP AT ALL!! Haha. We got them at Daylight Donuts in Pleasant Grove. It's between the Purple Turtle and Taco Amigo there on State Street. It's this little tiny shop where they make donuts in the morning and once they sell out, they close for the day. We spent high school making donut runs there. Cool little place.

Rheanna said...

Well, we've never been to the Purple Turtle either, but I at least know where they are! At least your poor boys have good taste in food...I worry you taint them with your pickiness-haha.

Melissa said...

WHAT?!?! You've never been to Purple Turtle. You've been living in Utah County for YEARS!! They have the best fry sauce on EARTH. Also, they have the best tater gems EVER. You simply must go. Maybe even TODAY!!

Rheanna said...

I know, I know...it's something I've wanted to do FOREVER and it just never happens. That sounds SOOOOO yummy! Even though it's 9am, that's what I want for breakfast now :)

Melanie said...

Are we allowed to be friends with people who haven't gone to Purple Turtle? Did they like the donut?

Melissa said...

Ummmm ... I don't think we are, so hopefully the Dows get over there REAL soon. They LOVED the donuts ... much to my dismay.

Rheanna said...

I can't believe we're going to be disowned because we haven't been to the Purple Turtle--best get there quick! And I always thought Melanie was the sweet one............I was so wrong! :)