Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Independence Day

For our Fourth of July this year, we skipped the big parade and headed up to the mountains to hike the G with the Olsens, and we had a great time. It wasn't too hot, and it's not too long of a hike, but it was pretty steep. I was a little baffled as to HOW I had hiked it so many times before at night with a flashlight. I was in high school, what can I say?


You can tell who the overachievers are in these two families. The rest of us were satisfied with arriving at the base of the G and sat down to rest. These two ran on up to the top. Apparently the view is "much better" from up there. Just ask Jackson and Kylee.







It's hard to see in this picture, but Dave and Bret both think they need goatees in order to be real men... or something ... blah, blah, blah. I lovingly refer to this phenomenon as a mid-life crisis. Problem is, they both feel obligated to shave them off before church on Sunday, so they only grow them out during the week and they never get soft. Whatever.



 
We stopped by the Purple Turtle for shakes and tater gems (yum) after our hike and then went over to Neptune Park. We actually had a big BBQ and went to a fabulous neighborhood fireworks show that night, but I apparently did not remember to take pictures. That kinda sounds like me.

0 comments: