Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Jackson's Baptism

Jackson was baptized this past Saturday. He was ready and excited, and so were we. The program was very nice, and we had a lot of family and friends around to share our day with. Jackson asked Austin to give a talk at his baptism program, and Austin agreed. Austin did a great job. When Bro. Stephenson was conducting, he accidentally omitted the musical number and announced that Austin's talk would be next on the program. Austin got a little nervous, and when Sister Harmon (our primary president) corrected Bro. Stephenson, Austin let out such a loud sigh of relief that the whole room heard it and laughed. He had a few more minutes to relax and then he was up. He did a great job, and I'm proud of him for working hard on his talk and teaching us about the Holy Ghost.

Mika Finau got baptized along with Jackson, and Mika's family was so nice to include Jackson in their traditions and presented him with a couple of candy-filled leis. He was so excited!

We are so proud of Jackson and the decision he made to get baptized. He is working hard to set a good example and make good choices. This was such an important day for him, and I hope he can remember how he felt.

Kayden congratulated Jackson with a big bear hug after the baptism. I had to be quick to get this one on film. How cute is that!

We enjoyed a nice day visiting with family after the baptism. Dave and I gave Jackson his first set of nice scriptures with a case, and we had his name put on them. We thought he knew they were coming, but he acted surprised and very excited. I like that. Jackson got his own monogrammed hymn book from Grandma and Grandpa Morton that he put to good use on Sunday. He has been wanting one of those for a while, so thanks Grandma and Grandpa!

Grandma and Grandpa Leatherwood gave him scripture stickers which he is very excited about. They also gave him some CD's of the Scripture Scouts. If you are as old as I am, you might remember they used to have them around when we were kids. There are three little kids and a dog that talks, and they all hang out in a treehouse. They sing songs and tell stories about the scriptures. They are really cute and fun, and my kids loved them! They listened to them all Sunday morning. It was a little nostalgic for me. I remember watching the little Scripture Scout show they used to have downstairs at the visitors' center at Temple Square. I'm glad they are back. They are so good to teach kids lessons about the scriptures, and the songs are fun and catchy and they stick with you (trust me - I couldn't get them out of my head).

Anyway, we are so proud of Jackson and happy for him on this special day. We love you Jacks!
Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Nicki said...

I wish we could have been there! Call me sometime...wondering what you are doing at Thanksgiving in St. George. It would be fun if you are planning to rent a condo if we were in the same complex.