Monday, June 20, 2011

We have ARRIVED (continued)

My baby graduated from kindergarten a few weeks ago. Do you know what this means??? I am old. And in a few months, all my kids will be in school for six hours a day. My biggest concern ... boredom ... and being old of course. It feels weird. I'm sure it will have its perks, but it feels weird.

My handsome boy LOVED kindergarten and his teacher Miss Morris. I love how kids feel about their kindergarten teachers. My kids have all ADORED their teachers. Who knew the sun could rise and set with a cute, young, happy, recently graduated, excited to be there kindergarten teacher. Apparently it does ... cause we're four out of four on that. Love that people want to teach and are so good at it and want to be there with my kids and 30 of their closest friends day in and day out. Way to go Miss Morris.

They did a cute little program (complete with songs) and received their official diplomas.

T.J. is really excited about going to first grade. I'm not sure he realizes he'll be there for twice as long during the day. He basically just wants somewhere to go with his Spiderman lunchbox.

Jackson's final eventof a crazy busy fifth grade year was the wax museum. They all pick a character and read a book about them and dress up like them. The parents and other students come to the classroom, press a button on the poster or desk, and the kids recite facts about this person. Jackson took too long deciding on his person and got assigned Bruce Lee. What???
Turns out he had a good time learning about the Kung Fu master. Austin and Jackson discussed for weeks whether Bruce Lee or Chuck Norris was stronger, tougher .... WHATEVER. So in Jackson's reading, we discovered that Bruce Lee actually taught Chuck Norris how to fight at one point. And that pretty much ended the discussion.

Jackson in character as Bruce Lee.
And the infamous Bruce Lee poster.

London finished up her year with the Second Grade Dance Festival. They performed the Tarantella. She was nervous before but had a lot of fun performing her dance for LOTS of people.

She did a great job!

This girl is growing up way too fast. They all are.

2 comments:

Jobi Niu said...

Crazy that all of your kids will be in school all day long!! Lucky you!! That school year went by fast, I swear TJ just started Kindergarten?? :) cute cute kids!!

Rheanna said...

I was all excited that I'd have TWO in school all day, can't even begin to imagine all my kids there! You'll find things to keep you busy I'm sure! Payton's excited about lunch and recess, and I don't think she realizes that she has to do more school, but oh well! London looks so grown up!