Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Our "Baby" Is 4!

T.J. turned 4 back on July 9th. Our baby is not much of a baby anymore. He asked me other day when I was going to stop calling him a baby, and I told him probably never, and I'm thinking that's exactly right. Good thing he'll still sit on my lap and let me hold him while he sleeps. He even still falls asleep in my arms, and I love that. Who knows how long that will last ... better enjoy it while I can.

We had to get him up early to open his presents before Dave left for work. It looks like it might have been a little too early ...

He seemed to perk up pretty quick and got all excited about his presents.


T.J. got really excited about his BYU bike (almost as excited as Dave got). He really wanted a "big boy" bike, and he has really been putting it to good use. There is a trail that goes around our house and the four or five houses next to us, and he rides around and around the loop all day long and tells everyone he passes that he has a BYU bike. Is he his father's son or what?!!



We're so grateful for our handsome T.J. He makes us laugh and smile every day with the cute things he says and does. He makes sure to give us lots of hugs and kisses and tells me all the time that I'm his favorite mom (good thing!). He loves to play with London and Austin and Jackson, and they love to make him happy. He's getting ready for his last year of preschool, and then it's off to kindergarten (or "the big school" as he calls it) next year. I can't believe he's that old already. He's not much of a baby anymore .... but don't tell him that. We love you T.J.!

7 comments:

Rheanna said...

Where has the time gone! It seems like just yesterday that we were pregnant with him and Payton...now they are "big kids".

K'neth S. said...

wait till they are 16 and can drive the BYU car instead of the bike.

Thomas Family said...

Yikes, where did you find that frightening bike? (Sorry about that, but we bleed RED here).

TJ is all grown up and as handsome as ever. Glad he had such a good birthday.

Looking forward to seeing you at the shindig at the end of the month.

JBarker said...

Do they make those BYU "big boy" bikes for bigger boys? If not, maybe you could get a bunch of BYU stickers and place them all over Dave's new bike.

Melissa said...

Sorry about that Sharon - sometimes I forget I'm actually related to some U fans! Shhh - don't tell Dave! I'm not exactly sure how he'd handle that. Ha ha!

Jason - Dave's new bike (and mine) are both blue and white ... he wouldn't have it any other way. He gets a little crazy around this time of year ... watch out! The man is an out-of-control Cougar fan. Remember the Christmas lights? Who has ever heard of blue and white CHRISTMAS lights?!!

Katelin said...

I love the BYU bike!! I bet I can't find one out here--dang it! He is so stinking cute; I love the sleeping picture! Happy Bday TJ!!!

Angie said...

Happy Birthday T.J.! We agree that that is such a cool bike! Hope you are all having a great week!