Tuesday, July 7, 2009

AAAHHHHH!!! I'm so behind ...

Jackson celebrated his 9th birthday on .... yes it was in fact MAY 12th!!! Wow! I'm so behind. Time to get busy. We've had a completely crazy couple of months, but I do want to catch up here and keep our friends and family posted.

Jackson asked for a Rip Stick (aka - a good way to break your neck) for his birthday. It has a bit of a learning curve to it, but he stuck with it and now we're just waiting for the above mentioned broken neck ... so far so good. He loves it and it's good exercise. No complaints here. I tried it once, and that was enough for me. I'm not nearly that coordinated. We loaded him up with pool supplies (goggles, toys, towels, squirt guns) in anticipation of a summer by the pool - yeah! We're making good use of those now.

We had a wild and crazy party with the Morton family (probably due to having double the amount of crazy boys to run around with!)
I can't believe Jackson is already 9! It seems like time has really flown by. He'll be starting the 4th grade here in a couple of months. I remember my 4th grade year really well and have a lot of fun memories from that time of my life. It seems weird to me that he is already there! He is growing up way too fast. He's getting braces on next week ... he'll really seem old then.

For our fun family birthday activity for Jackson's big day, we chose to go to Boondocks. We've always wanted to try it out, and we were not disappointed. That place is really a lot of fun! Dave and the boys played on the bumper boats and got all wet. London and I watched from the sidelines, stayed dry, and took pictures. They had two different slick tracks for bumper cars, and of course, I schooled Dave and all the boys multiple times to the point of risking getting kicked out when I bumped Dave's car (against the rules). It was totally worth it.



They also have batting cages, mini golf, laser tag, a playground and a huge arcade where most of the games were free. The highlight of Jackson's (and Austin's and Dave's) whole night was that Deron Williams (from the Utah Jazz) and his kids were there playing right around us. The boys stared at him with their big eyes and jaws dropped all night. We kept reminding them to just "act cool." They were a little suprised that he was a "regular guy" just there hanging out with his kids. London got all worried as we got our gear on for laser tag and after she couldn't hold in any longer finally says, "Dad, are we really going to get shot?" I guess we didn't go over the whole laser thing too well.

Jackson always makes us laugh. His contagious laugh and great big smile are just enough to brighten anyone's day. We're so grateful for him and for his trying hard to be good and make good choices. He tries hard to be a good big brother and never passes up a chance to tease, tease, tease. He really likes to make people smile and laugh, especially London and T.J. I can always count on Jackson to entertain T.J. so I can get things done. He doesn't just "watch" him, he entertains him and makes up fun games for them to play, and they have a lot of fun together. We're so grateful for you Jacks!

4 comments:

Katelin said...

No way can he be 9. I remember so well the first night I met all the Mortons when Jared brought me to Melanie's bday party and I held little Jacks a whole bunch. I also remember he was terrified of Jared, and who can blame him? At least he is such an awesome 9-yr-old!! Yay, Jackson!

K'neth S. said...

9. almost to 10! I remember fourth grade as well. I broke my arm in half, that year. I walked around with a big green cast that the doctor had bent to move the bone back into place. 3 months in that cast as well as two others. Pretty soon he will be driving and asking to borrow the car, then you'll get a phone call at 1:30 in the morning and you'll have to go pick him up at the police station in Montana. Now is an important stage.

Mindy said...

At least you didn't go 3 months with no post like I just did. What a fun birthday! He's such a cute kid. He has the best grin.

Thomas Family said...

Sounds like a great birthday celebration. You do such fun activities with your kids.