Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Moab With Friends

A few weeks ago, we went on a great trip to Moab with some great friends. We camped Friday night and had a fabulous dutch oven dinner complete with a ridiculously good dessert (peach/rasberry cobbler - yum!!!). On Saturday, we hiked Delicate Arch which was amazing. I can't believe I've never done that before. It was beautiful up there. We also climbed around at Double Arch which was really cool. After everyone else left for home, Dave and I and the kids drove to Dead Horse Point just to check it out, and it was the most amazing view I have ever seen in my life. It was just spectacular. I had never really even heard of that place, but it was just amazing to look at.

The kids had so much fun running around with their friends, climbing all over, and getting so dirty. We all had a really good time. The scenery was amazing and the company was even better. What a fun trip!


4 comments:

Kelly Hill said...

why have you never invited me to hike with you?

Katelin said...

I've done the Delicate Arch hike, and I'm impressed you did it with the kids, I mean that the kids did it! Did you have to carry the little ones ever? Were you scared to death they'd get too close to one of the million edges? As a side note, my mom waited in the car while two of my bros. and I did it when we were teens--ha! But I loved it, and I'd love to do it again sometime. Looks like some good times!

Thomas Family said...

This is the perfect time of year for a trip to Moab! Sounds like you had a great time. Are you the dutch oven cook or was it your friends? Love dutch oven, just don't know how to do it myself.

K'neth S. said...

That was a lot of fun!!! but why so late posting it up? I wanted to go to dead horse point as well, but we had to go.