Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Funny Jackson

So this is how the conversation went:

Jackson: "Mom I need a monkey costume for a play for Literacy Night at school."

Me: "Okay. No problem. When do you need it?" (Of course, I know that with my finely-tuned shopping skills, I can surely track down and purchase for a nominal fee, a monkey costume.)

Jackson: "Tomorrow."

Me: "WHAT?!! Jackson, what is your plan here? We don't own a monkey costume and I don't have time to go to the store tonight."

Jackson: "It's okay mom. You can just make one."

Me: "Ha ha! Ha ha! Ha ha ha ha! I'm sorry ... have we met?"

This is what we came up with and frankly, I'm impressed. It is a brown T-shirt inside out to hide the Hurley graphics and his dark brown Sunday pants. With my superior internet surfing skills, I found a money mask, dug out some cardstock, and found some yarn (that was the hardest part) to tie it around his head. Not bad for 24 hours notice on a monkey costume.

For Literacy Night, they had to switch up classic stories, and his group chose "Little Red Riding Hood" and instead of a big bad wolf they had a big bad monkey. It was pretty cute. Jackson did a great job and was pleasantly surprised with his state-of-the art costume.

2 comments:

Thomas Family said...

Shear talent and shear genious! Great costume. You are very clever.

Katelin said...

I did enough procrastinating as a kid, I'm sure I'm in for it with my kids. Sounds like you earned a Supermom point for the timely rescue!!