Thursday, April 10, 2008

Dressing up

My kids have always had a thing for dressing up (see photos above and below, and keep in mind that none of these were taken on or around Halloween or any other "occasion" to dress up). Honestly, most days, they have all or at least some part of a costume on at some point during the day. They get this propensity for costume wearing from their father who anxiously awaits Halloween rolling around each year so he can "legitimately" wear a costume, and honestly, he has had some good ones. The picture above was taken during London and T.J.'s daily routine of watching Curious George while I get ready for the day. Note T.J.'s shoes (and do it quickly before Dave insists I remove this picture). There was a little snow on the ground this morning (never mind that it is April 10th!!!!!), so London, being the practical child that she is, quickly donned her winter hat.

My theory on Halloween costumes is that once Halloween passes, and the costumes have been kept in good shape for parades, parties, and trick-or-treating, they are free game. My kids have really taken advantage of this costume-wearing freedom, and any day at our house might look like Halloween.












4 comments:

Paula said...

I love that post. It's so true about your house, and when my kids come over to play they become various characters or insects. Those pictures made me laugh.

Rheanna said...

too cute! Funny thing, my kids are always dressing up there too!

Krista said...

Your kids are so adorable! Where did they get that from? Oh, that's right, YOU! Please tell me that big boy on the couch isn't really TJ? Holy cow! He is so big!

Kati said...

Welcome to the blogging world! I am a certified blog stalker, just so ya know. Happy blogging!