Thursday, May 19, 2011

Easter

This year for Easter, we had an egg hunt at Dave's brother's house, and they just happen to have the PERFECT landscaping for such an adventure. The kids had a great time ... despite the completely unreasonable temperature.

Check out all those rocks. It took them quite a while to gather all their eggs and goodies.


London's basket was overflowing with "stuff."

This is the picture of Austin HE wanted me to take. The theme is "too cool for Easter egg hunts."

This is the picture I wanted to take. The theme of this one is "If you're hunting for candy (and eating the candy), you're sure as heck getting your picture taken with the basket."


We then went to my mom's for the traditional egg hunt in her backyard.

See ... you can tell we're related. The eyes are the same, the smile is the same, etc.

My dad (being the Scouter that he is) came up with a compass orienteering course for the older boys to find their Easter treats. He figured the typical egg hunt was just getting too easy for them, but there's no way they were missing out on the candy. It was AWESOME! Kept them busy for a LONG time and they learned some great skills. Way to go Dad.



We dyed Easter eggs. We don't always do this because sometimes I conveniently forget to pick up eggs or dye ... or I bribe them out of it. I despise eggs. Jackson despises eggs (see picture above). They smell. The die gets on my counter. The whole thing is very silly.


For those of you who think I never compromise ... see the above pictures for reference. Eggs are GROSS.


In the interest of honest reporting, you should know that this is a fake Easter morning picture. I totally spaced it on Easter, hence this was taken last week (May 8th). I'm over it.

1 comments:

Jobi Niu said...

Fun!!! How handsome is Austin? Sheesh, lil stud! What a fun idea your Dad did. I do see the resemblance in you & your sister. You & your eggs!!! Hahahahahahahahaha you kill me. Lol. Sooooo funny! You have the Cutest lil family.