Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Currant Creek (Summer of the Tent - Part 4)

Four days after returning from Trek, we headed out to Currant Creek for a Tischner family reunion for three days for Grandma and Grandpa Tischner's 60th wedding anniversary. We used to camp at Currant Creek as kids with our Tischner side of the family, so it was fun to gather there again and reconnect. You'll notice I used the word "camp" which means I was once again in my tent for three days. I'm just sayin.


Just like the old days, the kids played in the river. The water is FREEZING, but they didn't seem to mind.
We made s'mores around the campfire with Grandma and Grandpa.

We gave Grandma Morton the sticky job of s'more assembly.

Kati eating a s'more of unusual size. I'm pretty sure Jessica was making fun of her right before I took this picture.
Me and my handsome T.J. Is he FOR REAL?!!
London was NOT going to be outdone (as usual) and went fishing with all the boys.

Austin's fish. Ewww.
Nap time. It was too stinkin hot in the tents, so we drug the handy dandy cots outside to the shade for an afternoon snooze.
Dave was the first one to volunteer to put the kids down for naps. It's his favorite job.

Playing in the water again. T.J. was throwing rocks into the water ... his favorite thing to do.

We made our very own water slide with strategic rock placement. We are pretty awesome.
Brady dumping water on Dave. This family has frequent water fights ... that's just the way it is.
T.J. loves his uncle Brady.
It was Mason's birthday while we were there, so we had a pinata.
This is what happens when I let T.J. dress himself (not very often) ... shorts, a hoodie, and cowboy boots.
Jackson rocks at hitting things with bats. Should I be worried?
Hanging out by the fire with cousins. Awesome.
These two are looking awfully big to me these days. Since when are they so grown up?!! Love their amazing blue eyes.
Aunt Kati made Grandma and Grandpa a box with seashells on it from Captiva. We filled it with letters from their kids, grandkids, and great-grandkids.
Me and my man. Love him.
Sixty years together. Wow. They've been through a lot. I love them both.

1 comments:

Katelin said...

I just got caught up on your blog--you definitely have earned something BIG for all that camping. Whoa. :o) Looks like you've made a ton of great memories for the kids, and yourself along the way! And this last post makes me miss all the fam way too much! Maybe we can get out there soon...

Trek looks awesome, and I want to hear about your camp now... :o)