Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Does anyone want to go CAMPING?!!



I'm so behind on my blog (not to mention my LIFE!) that I'm starting to get overwhelmed, so let's see if I can baby step my way through this. Our whirlwind summer started off with a bang back on Memorial Day Weekend when we went camping with some of our favorite people up Mapleton Canyon. This was the first three days of my 16 days that I've spent in my tent SO FAR this summer! The first 12 days were all in one month! I know you're all SO IMPRESSED. Believe me, I am too.

The campground was BEAUTIFUL! The kids had plenty of room to run and play and there was a nice stream nearby. Our kids are at the PERFECT age for camping. No diapers, no cribs, no bottles or binkies ... I didn't even have to watch them that carefully! Haha! Camping takes on a whole new life when you're not GOING INSANE. The packing is still annoying, and don't even get me started about the unpacking, but this camping thing is growing on me a bit now that we're officially OUT of the baby stage.

The kids (and Jimmy) were obsessed with the fire. They roasted marshmallows until we were all sick. Jimmy even roped the kids into roasting his marshmallows FOR HIM and he "judged" them on their work ... and then he ate their work. Nice Jimmy. We learned the fine art of roasting Starbursts ... yum. Of course, we had to keep an eye on the kids ... and Jimmy ... around the fire (note my air mattress box in the picture above).

Lots of memories were made around this campfire. The die-hards were up til the wee hours of the morning talking and laughing around the fire. I pretty certain that is my favorite part of camping. I even learned something about my friend Jessica. Do NOT scare her. You never know what could happen.

The kids had a great time playing with each other. Now that I look at this picture, this activity might have been just a little bit dangerous. Maybe I need to keep a slightly closer eye on my kids.


Cooking up pancakes and bacon (yes people, I cooked bacon ... turkey bacon that is) for a big breakfast.

The kids could not get enough of the fire and the marshmallows.

T.J. chillin by the fire.

London and T.J. hiking on the nearby mountain.


Have you ever seen a better depiction of "Like father, like son?" I haven't.

London loved the water too.

The boys were playing capture the flag with all the kids. This was their attempt to camouflage themselves.

See it worked. I can hardly see Austin.

I thought I could make an attempt at shooting the bow if Dave helped me. I didn't get too far. The ripping sensation in my stomach was my clue to stop. Maybe next time.

Some of the wonderful friends we camped with. Love these guys. We're feel so blessed to have such amazing people in our lives.


1 comments:

Sweet Lisa said...

That was such a fun weekend! Can't for next year!