Friday, January 15, 2010

That's MUCH better

I posted a recipe a while back for pumpkin chocolate chip muffins. We LOVE them! But, they were a little heavy and looked weird and lumpy. So today when I made them, I added a cup of water to the recipe ... HUGE DIFFERENCE! They were light and fluffy and looked like those in the picture above when they were done. Very cool. So I thought I better share that piece of information. Enjoy. Here is the revised recipe:

1 pkg spice cake mix
1 15-ounce can pumpkin
1 cup water
1/2 bag mini chocolate chips

Bake at 350 for 24-25 minutes.

4 comments:

Katelin said...

Oh, I mixed up the cake mix as the package directed and then added the pumpkin--I thought that's what you meant. That worked too! I'll have to try with just the water too. Hmm...

Utah Mom said...

Those look delicious. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Bethany said...

Okay, so I've actually made them a couple of times with the old recipe. They were thick, but still good. But now that you've made changes, I guess I'll just have to try them again...and eat them again...and gain another few pounds again....thanks a lot!?! :)

Ruth Done said...

I'm so excited you are smart enough to figure that out, because I never would have thought of that. Can't wait to try them. I'm actually heading to my pantry right now to see if I have the right stuff.