Thursday, November 19, 2009

I thought I'd share


I thought I'd share the recipe for our new favorite pumpkin treat. Actually, it's not even complicated enough to be called a recipe. We love pumpkin chocolate chip cookies around here, but my recipe for those has like 14 different ingredients in it (including shortening - gag). Melanie told me about these muffins, and we tried them this week. They are SO GOOD. Definitely just as good as pumpkin cookies and SO easy. Here it is:

1 15-ounce can of pumpkin
1 spice cake mix
1/2 bag mini chocolate chips

Mix together, spoon into muffin tins, bake at 350 for 20-22 minutes. Now that's my kind of baking. Enjoy.

10 comments:

Rheanna said...

HELLO?!?!?! Why did it take so long to hear about this recipe...someone should have shared it long ago I'm sure! I bet it's super yummy and that easy part gives it extra appeal. I think i even have a spice cake downstairs...thanks for sharing!

Cassie said...

Mmmm...yummy. I'm always up for anything with chocolate chips. We'll have to give it a try!

Tiffany said...

BLAST, I thought you were bringing some over :) I guess I'll have to try out the recipe for myself now :)

Brendan said...

Okay, twist my arm!

JBarker said...

Like Michael and Tiffany commented, I wondered if you were going to give away something edible. As I started reading your post, I thought you were going to say that you had converted a lemonade stand into a "pumpkin treat" stand and were handing out free samples on the sidewalk in front of your house.

Anyway, the recipe sounds simple enough. We'll have to give it a try. Thanks for sharing.

Katelin's family said...

My kind of recipe! Thanks for passing it on!

Ruth Done said...

I just saw your family pics on Cindi's blog. They are so great, and can I just say you look beautiful. Seriously, they turned out great!

Thomas Family said...

mmmm...yummy!

Big Daddy said...

Sounds good. Maybe you could make us some.

JBarker said...

@BigDaddy - Where you're OK with sewing your own Fred and Wilma Flintstone costumes, I'm guessing you have your own apron too. Get it out and make your own muffins!

Bethany made some for us this past weekend and they were great! It was so easy. I came home and poof, they were done! I'd recommend it to everyone.