Thursday, September 3, 2009

Hmmmmm .....

Most of you know that Dave does home health visits as part of his work. These cute little old patients of his will often send him home with tokens of their appreciation for what he does. We have gotten all kinds of fun things like fruit, candy, garden vegetables, cookies, donuts, chocolates, gift certificates, coloring books/toys for the kids, etc.

So yesterday, he came home with this treasure. One of his patients gave it to him. If you can't tell, it's a shovel complete with a toilet paper roll holder made out of a horseshoe. It's apparently for some kind of drastic roughin-it camping without bathrooms (scary). Pretty creative if you ask me. For some reason, it makes me think of James Stock ... weird. I know you guys are all jealous. Maybe we'll let you borrow it sometime.

6 comments:

Big Daddy said...

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Jelouse!!!! I have to have one of those. However I think I would want it on a foldable shovel. Time to break out the welder!

Aaron said...

HAHAHAHAHA


HAHAHA

HAHAH

{snicker}

HA

"makes me think of James Stock"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Big Daddy said...

You for got Bwahhaahhaa, and who needs toilet paper in the woods?

Leslie said...

I know how much Dave is loving that thing. Congrats on your UlCER ride. You guys are awesome!! I'm so impressed with you guys. I hope you are all enjoying life. We miss you guys like crazy. We need to get the kids talking sometime. Do you guys have a web cam? I hope you are having fun camping.

Thomas Family said...

That IS funny!

JBarker said...

For as old as James is, I would have thought that he invented it! Also, I'm guessing that James is Dave's patient who gave it to him. All that stuff about "...I have to have one..." is just a cover.

James - now you're talking about modifying it to be used with a foldable shovel?!? I'll bet the first version of this contraption was a tree with big leaves that you chopped at the base and then whittled the end of it flat.

...it wouldn't surprise me.